Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time For Change


So I decided it's time for change. I've graduated, I can get a better job with my degree, but it's hard to find a job, especially one that meets my needs. Also, I'm unsatisfied with my job and I'm ready to move on. My cute friend Nikki has asked if I wanna take her spot at her job when she leaves, but it pays less than my current job, and I have a hard time with that idea, plus it's not relevant to my major, and I wouldn't mind racking up more experience in my field. However, I do like the idea of a 8-5 m-f job...

So after much thinking about what company could meet my needs... I decided Deseret Book. I LOVE to read, and I wouldn't be asked to work Sundays since they are closed on Sunday. I looked to see what possible store manager positions they have avalible right now, and the only one is in Sacramento CA. I'm not opposed to leaving Utah, but I would miss my family. I applied for the job, and we'll see what happens, but I don't think I'll get it, because they would want me to start right away, and it might be 2 months before I could. Not only do I have a vacation in April that I'm commited to, but I would have to get things in order here, and it would take me a little bit to get a place to live and to prepare to leave... but who knows, maybe they will be okay with waiting till the middle of May. And this is of course assuming they want me. I would guess they would interview me over the phone if they wanted to interview me, but who really knows.

I'm gonna send my info to all the Utah locations too, and who knows, something may open up. I'm just needing something to change. I need/want more money, I want to buy a house and pay off student loans, and I want to move on to a career that could get me somewhere. I'll keep ya'll posted, this may all fall to peices and nothing could change for awhile, so we'll see.

On another topic, I'm on my 7th week, 3rd day of my workout 6 days a week schedule. I steped on the scale this morning and it said I was at an 11 lb loss now... which is great! BUT, I always slip up on the weekends and end up messing up all I accomplished during the week, so I hope I can keep up the good work this weekend.

Well, that's all for now, I'll update you soon.

4 comments:

  1. good luck with that job app! You are so qualified. :) it's a hard situation but you will figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see you blogging. Congrats on the 11lbs!!!! That is quite the achievement. I also have a hard time with weekends. :) Good luck. And also good luck with the job hunt. I hope something good opens up for you soon. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Lots to think about! be prayerful and you will find the right job in the right city or state. Maybe California is where you need to be, but we will find out. We would miss you though!
    congrats on losing weight! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i wish you well! but honestly, i hope you don't move! maybe you should look at photography????

    ReplyDelete