Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Night of Fright

3:20 am this morning, I awake to the sound of Junior (my sisters dog) up stairs barking like a maniac. Not sure what's going on, I look around my room, I can see light moving on the wall, and a blue flashing light from my laptop lighting up the room. Blake is gone camping, so it's just me and Amanda home, and I figure, maybe it snowed and Blake had to come home, so his coming in the house is makeing Junior bark. I lean over the edge of my bed to push my laptop under it so I can't see the light, and as I'm sitting back up, my sister bursts into the room with Junior in tow. She mumbles something and I ask her to repeat "Someone is here" she says, "They were knocking on my window and when I peaked out I heard a guy say 'hi'." Amanda hops on my bed, and I grab my phone and call 911 as she calls Blake on her phone.

I tell the operator I don't know if he's still here, I can't see or hear him. Amanda and Blakes room is directly above my basement room, and our windows are lined up at the same place. The light on the wall was clearly a reflection from somewhere outside, and as I'm talking to the operator, I see the light move on my wall again, that's when I realize that the movement is someone steping in front of the light and their shadow appearing on my wall. Amanda flips and I tell the operator he's standing outside my window, and that I can see him. She tells me 2 officers should be at my house now and asks if I can see them. I head out of my room and confirm I see their flashlights, she asks some questions about me and hangs up with me. As I'm getting off the phone with 911, Amanda is still on the phone with Blake downstairs, and he gets another call, comes back to Amanda, and tells her it's Nick (our brother) at our house! AGH! She calls up and tells me and I exclaim "oh my heck!"

I get to the door and there is an officer on the doorstep. I look out to the driveway, and there is Nick with another officer. "Audrey, it's me" he says. "What's wrong with you!?" I yell, "Knocking on peoples windows at 3:00 in the morning, and when there are only 2 girls here alone!?" Nick says he thought Blake was here, the officer on the pourch smiles and me and says "Yeah, that would have scared me too." And the officer with Nick looks up at him and says "Dude, you should have called!" "I didn't think anyone would be awake." Silly boy! Call, we wake up, ring the doorbell, we come to the door, prowel around the house knocking on windows, we call call 911.

On a funnier note, I always sleep well clothed. I have the idea that if there is ever a fire, natural disaster, prowler or intruder, I wanna be as close to dressed as I can be, and still sleep well. My sister, she sleeps in her garments, and that's how she was when she came to my room. As I was leaving my room to go to the door, Amanda calls "I don't have any clothes on!" and the operator hears her, and tells me to tell her to cover up. Looking back, I gotta laugh.
- On my first cruise, some people thought my friend and I were a couple because we were going to the different photographers as we waited for our other friends to join us. At first there was a guy with us, but when he left, we were mistaken as a couple, and I had to correct them (very funny and awkward).
- Amanda and I go grocery shopping together every week, run errands together, and go to the gym together, and the places we frequent, often resutl in odd looks from people who see us a lot...
- And then last night, 2 girls calling 911 from the bedroom, one not dressed...
Seriously, lots of "Are they lesbians" type situations... I find it funny. :) And for anyone reading this who may not know me, I'm straight. :)

11 comments:

  1. HAHAHA YES And I'm married.. to a man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez! You should've strangled Nick! J/k but man that would have scared me to death. I'm so glad you are ok and that the police were so responsive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so scary! did you beat nick? what was he doing at 3:30am?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why in the world was he at your house at that time of night?!! Man, you had my heart pumpin' Aud!

    And, oh my gosh, that's so funny about the lesbian thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this story. It's hilarious! But I totally would've freaked out too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you forgot to mention you're sisters!!!! hahaha, how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Aud, you crazy girl. Glad I found your blog. I loved reading your scary story. But all's well that ends well. ah?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey, what are you talking about? I forgot to mention my sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny... I laughed so hard but I would have done the same thing too... Nick you do need to call first

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsey, 5 yeas later, I'm reading this and I'm not so dumb. You were saying, not to mention, she's my sister, so there is definitely nothing scandalous going on. :) duh to me! :)

    ReplyDelete