Monday, March 2, 2009

Getting Back to 8


In order to explain one of my personal goals, I will be revealing personal info about myself, but it's good for me to admit what I'm embarrassed to admit.

In high school I weighed, to my best knowledge, 175 lbs. I say to my best knowledge because I didn't weigh myself all the time, and that was the most I saw on the scale. ANYWAY, so when I graduated and moved away to college I started to workout a little in classes I took, and by the end of the 2 years, when I moved back home, I'd lost 10 lbs without having been too serious about it. When I moved home I didn't worked out much at first, but about 6 months later I started buying videos and working out at home, and made an effort to be fit. I ended up losing 15 lbs that first 6 months, and that's where I stayed. I never dropped below 150, but I had so much more confidence, and I really did look better. My face thinned out, my stomach had flattened out more, and I went from a size 14 in high school, to a size 8.

This last year (2008) was my last year of college, and I was SO busy. Between school and work, I didn't have time to workout EVER, and I started to just eat whatever was quick and convinient, whatever I could find, because I didn't want to spend a lot of time buying or preparing food. I knew I was gaining weight, my pants were getting tighter, I could see my stomach growing, and... ew, I was sporting hoodies and jackets and whatever to hide my body.

So I graduated, and I knew it was time to get back to where I had been. It was slow going at first, I was eating better, but it was hard to get back into the habit of woking out. I dared the scale, and sadly, found I was 175 lbs again, but this time I had more muscle, so I carried it better, I was only a tight size 10, and not a 14 like I had been in high school.

I decided I needed to make goals because I kept falling off the wagon, so at the end of January I buckled down. For the past 5 weeks I've been working out 6 days a week, and today I started my 6th week of this routine. So far I'm only down 10 lbs, 15 to go to be where I was a year ago, and hopefully I can go beyond that. :)

SO, I'm trying to get back to 8. I have so many pants that are size 8, but I can't wear them. :( I don't want to buy clothes I intend to shrink out of, so I have to keep washing and wearing my few outfitts that fit... I know, lame, but I don't want to accept the weight or waste money on clothes I won't wear for long. My stomach is flattening again, so I guess it's just a matter or working and waiting... so cheer me on folks, I WANNA GET BACK TO 8!!! (or less...)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! Way to go. I wanna be an 8 too- but I have quite a ways to go :( Stupid fat! But- you go girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome Audrey - I'm here to cheer you on for sure! I know you'll make it to your goal - that's one of the awesome things about you - you really stick to things. So keep on, girl!

    ReplyDelete