Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Countdown Begins

In just 20 days (3 weeks from yesterday) I leave on my trip. For those of you who don't know, I LOVE to travel. I went on an Eastern Caribbean cruise 2.5 years ago, then to China last June, and now I'm heading to Europe on April 22nd to spend a couple days in Italy and then leave from Venice on a Greek Isles cruise for a week. I will be visiting Croatia, Turkey, and Greece during my cruise.

(Cinnamon Bay- Caribbean & The Great Wall of China)
(Venice Italy & Rome Italy)
(Greece & Turkey)

(Croatia)

Well, I was hoping I could get to 8 by the time I leave so I have something to wear, but I'm not seeing that happening anymore. I am down to 162, and I have my 2 larger size 8's fitting me, but I ate SO much yesterday, I'm ashamed to even say what all I ate, but then last night the parents of one of the ladies going on the cruise with me had us all over to their house for a "pre-cruise party". Her dad dressed as an Itlian waitor and her mom made us dinner with something from each country we are visiting, it was way nice of them and super fun.

ANYWAY, as I was eating my spaghetti with meatballs last night, I recalled all I had ate that day and felt a bit guilty, so I decided it crunch time... you could take it as like doing crunches, because I will be doing those more too, but I mean like as in finals for school type crunch time. I have slacked in working out this week, and so I gotta be diligent again, and then I decided I need to be a Dietary Nun, so to speak, for 3 weeks. I go crazy and eat so much crap sometimes (in the true fashion of someone who struggles with weight) and it doesn't help me accomplish my goals, so I gotta be a "Nun" and do everything a good person should do in their eating habits. I pulled on one of those larger 8's last night before I left, and saw my bulgy gut and felt a bit distressed about fitting into my clothes on my cruise.

So far today, I worked out for about 2.5 hours, and I've been eating good... cross your fingers for me that I can sustain it.

1/2 a day down, 19.5 to go...

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! I think that is great that you are traveling so much! I love to travel. Do it while you can. Iwish I would have traveled more while I had the chance. With kids or being married it makes it harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can see how that would be, that's why try to travel now. Plus, I can afford to do it now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so insanely jealous about your trip. I LOVE traveling too, but chose to get married instead. I do love my life, don't get me wrong, I just wish I could have my cake and eat it too so to speak.
    Yay for actually getting down to the size 8 even if it is on the larger size. You can do it. You have amazing determination and when you get back from Europe, we will all be amazed by your svelte physique. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, thanks Amy, you are awesome. I hear you, it would be nice to be able to do everything, but life doesn't work that way for us average floks, so as soon as I get hitched (in 30+ years) I'll have to stop traveling too, so I'm trying to squeeze what I can in now. But that's what pictures are for, so I can try to help you feel like you were there with me. :)

    ReplyDelete