Friday, April 10, 2009

My Imagination Station

*WARNING-Long, weird blog*

I already know what kind of comments I'm going to get when I post this blog, but I'm doing it anyway, because I'm me, and there are 3 things about me you should know if you don't already. First, I like to tell stories. People often don't like to hear some of the things I find interesting or entertaining, but that doesn't stop me, I tell them anyway, no matter how big or small. Second, I'm a big dreamer. I don't mean that in the "I have lots of goals and aspirations" way, although that is true too, but I mean that I have vivid and realistic dreams, and they often leave me thinking about them for days, and occasionally even trying to figure out if it was a dream. Lastly, I get attatched to people easily, and hate to lose touch with friends. I want to stay in touch with everyone, always, and so everyone in my life is important. Now... on with the story I'm here to tell.

I'm awake at an early hour because I guess I'm done sleeping, so I'm taking this time to stay awake so when my alarm goes off at 5, in one hour, I can more easily go workout. :) Why am I awake though? Well, I had a dream, then another, and now I can't sleep because... I think too much.

First dream, without telling the whole long thing, I have a friend I have not seen in a few years, and I do miss him. In my dream I must have been dating him (beause earlier I'd been jealous of a girl flirting with him, but we seemed to stay together), but he had a huge fight with his cousin (who in real life is a old friend of his I don't think he still talks to, who's soon to be ex-wife I know, so I know he's dealing with rage issues right now) over something I can't recall, but he kicked him out of his house for it. I was supposedly living accross the street and was outside for some reason that escapes me, so he set his sights on me. We must give these fellows names before we all get confused... My friend is "Joe" and his cousin is "Tom". So Tom comes across the street with the intent to take his rage out on me, and I'm scared. So I'm screaming at the top of my lungs for Joe to help me, and he hears me and comes out and saves me from Tom.

Joe takes me to his house and since it's night I use his lap as a pillow and lay down on the couch while he watches TV with a look of anger and concern that never leaves his face. I can't sleep though, while Joe never turns his gaze to the giant picture window in front of us, I can't take my eyes off it because Tom is pacing back and forth in front of the window with the black night behind him, waiting to attack. Soon Tom is not Tom anymore, he's a very large tiger pacing back and forth waiting for a chance to get his prey. Suddenly Tom, in tiger form, is in the house with us and I am cowering behind Joe as he tries to protect me.

Then I wake up!

When I fall back to sleep, I'm on vacation with multiple people, but someone is after us, all of us. We've been shot at, but no one was hurt, now we seem to have lost our assailants, so we try to enjoy a paranoid vacation, but with one wrong turn, we are back in the arms of the villains, and there is no escaping this time. I find myself wishing Joe was there to protect me this time too, and I wake up again.

Weird huh? So now I find myself really missing Joe. I used to have his number, not sure if it's his number anymore, but I wanna try to find it, or ask his real life cousin, who I am friends with, if he has it.

No, I don't think this dream means too much more than what it is, granted there was a time I liked him, and a time he liked me, but they were not at the same time. Mostly these dreams tend to prompt me to get back in touch with the person I dreamed about, because I miss them more and now have them on my mind. I did see him in passing a few months ago during finals at school, I was leaving the testing center as he was gong in, but I wasn't going to wait for him to be done, I had to get going, and who knows how long that would have been. So that is what I'll do later today, try to get in touch with him. We all know I could stand to be more social right now anyway. :)

6 comments:

  1. So I ended up going back to sleep cause I had a headache, AGAIN. And I dreamed of assaliants again... I'm weird, my dreams are weird, and that's all I have to say about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lady! I hate when I have dreams like that! I hope you get back in touch with "Joe". Do I know who you're talking about???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... well, I don't think I've ever talked about him, but you may know him, he's from Layton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool - I love reading about dreams. I think you're right, the first dream was about getting in touch with "Joe" but I'm sure the 2nd dream has something to do with your upcoming vacation - you were talking about how bad things happen to your vacation places before you go there, so I'm assuming that you have some residual anxiety about that. Keep us posted about "Joe"

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL your stars of glory don't know me, they can't judge me!

    ReplyDelete