Sunday, April 12, 2009

Grr!

Friday morning, like any other, I went out to my car and sat down in it, and then I saw it. Dark red something splatered all over my windsheild. I look to my right and there is more all over the passenger window. I quickly catapult from my car and run around to the front/right of my car. The side and hood were covered in dark red smatterings of something. I notice it's on the ground by my car and on the wall that separates our yard from theirs. Not sure what to think but knowing I gotta get to work, I clean off my windsheild and hurry to work. The more I think about it the more I wonder what it is. I know it's not paint, but I start to think it could be blood.

Since I don't know what it is, I decide it would be best to call the police to come check it out first, and then I can go wash it off. I call the police from work, and an officer comes to my work to check it out. He leans close and confirms it's not paint or blood, but he's not sure what it is, so he makes a report and goes to talk to the neighbors while I go wash my car. Much to my dismay, the paint on my car is stained red after I get through washing it.

Amanda was home, so when the officer went to our house, she spoke with him. They went to the neighbors and discover that one of the teenagers was coloring part of her hair the night before, and then through the remaining dye away. Some of the younger kids (10 ish and 14 ish) dug the dye out of the garbage and decided to squirt it all on my car. GRR!

So now the neighbors are saying they will take care of getting it fixed, but we'll see. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

3 comments:

  1. What punks! They are paying for it right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sucks so bad. i hate it when people touch my property. at least the cops found out who did it. someone stole our licence plates and put mismatched fake ones on our car recently. it was such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they seem to be avoiding us now. BUT lucky for me, I know the guy that owns the detail shop part of Travel Clean on Main street in Layton, so I went ant talked to him today, and he gave me a free car wash and had one of his employees fix up my car the best he could, for free. It's not perfect, because some parts are plastic and they won't come clean, but the main mess was on the metal parts, and he got them cleaned on pretty good. Thank you Jack! :)

    ReplyDelete