Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm Not Crazy

So today at church the girl giving the lesson in sunday school mentioned something about how when you better understand your relationship with your Heavenly Father and that you are his child, you begin to pray instinctively... or something to that effect.... so I began to consider that, and here is what I realized.

I do know I am a daughter of God, and I pray/talk to him CONSTANTLY! I never really thought about it before, but if someone were to have hidden cameras up wherever I go, they would think I was crazy, but I'm not, I swear.

When there is someone there with me, I always voice my thoughts, observations, opinions, etc, to them, weather they care or not, however, when I am alone, I think, and sometimes voice, those thoughts and such to the only person I know can hear me, my Heavenly Father. Often times the things I tell Him are silly, but since I know He knows my every thought, sometimes I just can't help but talk to Him about it. Whether I'm appologizing to Him for the mean thought I just had about someone, or I'm asking Him to help me find a way to accomplish something, or just voicing something I want to put into words and get out of my head, I'm ALWAYS talking to Him. I know I can't hear His reply, but I'm not awlays looking for a reply, just a listening ear.

Now like I said, it's not always a vocal thing, sometimes, when I'm terribly bored in a meeting at work, or I want to point out something funny that just happened, but I can't voice it to anyone else, I talk to Him in my head about things, as if He were there next to me reading my mind and laughing along with me.

Do I sound nuts to you now? I probably do, and maybe I'm wrong, maybe I am crazy, but I can't help be be aware of His presence and know that at any second I can speak to Him. I'd like to think that is a good thing, not a crazy thing.

3 comments:

  1. I love it Audrey! You SHOULD talk to him as much and whenever you can. That doesn't make you crazy, it makes you spiritual and I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is great! we all should be like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I don't know who you are, but for anyone curious, that says;
    "In a simple acts the hearts and minds delight others; better than 1000 people pray bow."

    ReplyDelete