Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Few Little Tid Bits

1- I used to kindda feel bad that I NEVER post on my blog, but lately I've noticed, I'm really not the only one, and so I don't feel as bad anymore... not that people live to read my blog, but just that I felt like I was boring and lame that I couldn't come up with anything to blog about, or get myself to do it.

2- I'm DYING for summer! Or, at the very least spring. I want long days, warmth, and more reasons to go outside. Summer, how I miss thee!

3- I've been wearing the same three pairs of pants to work for about a year, and naturally, I have to wash them each once or twice a week, and it's begining to show. At the time I bought these pants, I bought them in this size (10) and a size smaller (8) for that day when I would finally fit in them. Well, a few days ago, I realizzed that 2 of the three pants officially have worn holes in the crotch where my thunder thighs rub together, rendering them no longer useful for their origianal purpose. I had 2... no, make that 3 choices; buy new pants (didn't want to by another pair of tens), wear non-uniform pants till one of the other choices became practical, or try on the eights. I took a deep breath, and I grabbed a pair of the size 8 work pants... I was afraid to learn I couldn't squeeze myself in, so I hesitated... then in went one leg... in went the other leg... I pulled them up... I did a little 'fat girl' dance and stretch, and I brought the button side of the fly to the hole side of the fly.... DANG! That's a good dang. :) They fit! Yippy! Well, as I type, they are being washed, so they may not fit now they they've been washed, but they were good for one day a piece.

4- Related to item 3, I tried on some pants I have not dared to wear for about a year... I wore them some on my last cruise, but they were a bit tight and uncomfortable, but to my joy, they fit like they should now. That being said, as of this morning, I'm 151 lbs, so I'm down 9 lbs since the beginning of the year. Yippy-Ki-Yi-Ya! :) I'm still far from being toned and flat in the mid section, but I suppose that will come with time. 6 more lbs to hit the goal I set for where I wanted to be by my cruise, and I'm just over a month into it, and 2 months to go. If this keeps up, I might even exceed my goal. OH! and also, F.Y.I., at this weight, I'm pretty much tied with my own personal best, I've never weighed less than this though, so I'm proud of myself, I just need to keep it up.

5- Another related item. I've been eating really well, in comparission to my past. Here is a typical day-ish.
- breakfast: banana, crem of wheat or oatmeal with a smidgin on brown sugar for taste. 300 cal
- snack: baby carrots or apple. 100 cal, or 65 cal.
- lunch: green salad with chicken in it. 300 cal.
- snack: avacado, or carrots (if not eaten before): 100 cal.
- Dinner: veggies (steamed, or fresh, or canned, or frozen, or something) 300 cal.

Total: 1100 cal

BUT I tend to give in to temptation, and eat little naughties here and there, ie. a few crackers or chips, a couple bite size snicker or a little nutrigrain bar or something similar I don't need, maybe even some popcorn (not good kind, sugar coated kind). So that will up me to my limit of 1400 cal a day (sometimes It takes me past), but I never go too out of control, I just feel guilty after. :)
Sometimes I do go crazy thing, usually on the weekends... dang weekends... but I'm not perfect, and I can't be too hard on myself, I'm doing pretty good, right? And I'm still working out 6 days a week, I've only missed one day, and that was due to lack of proper rest the night before, so I think I can still say I'm on a roll! :)

Okay, then end!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Audrey. . . you go girl. I wish I could say I was fitting into pants like that(but then I did just have a baby), but I am down 6lbs since the beginning of January. I hear ya on the weekends though. I wish I could be good too. I am aiming for about 1500 calories give or take. You are my inspiration. :) Keep it up girlfriend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha thanks! Yeah, you have a good excuse, babies are a better excuse than just being lazy about my health andbeing a pig... :) Good job to you as well on the 6, that's good! It sounds like we are on the same boat, and it's nice to know you have people there with you and cheering you on, so thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete