Saturday, April 24, 2010

Observations of The Opposite Sex

Okay, I should be in bed right now, but I've been thinking about this for some time, and I decided that I want to finally get it all out in words before I go to bed tonight.

Now, I predict that some of the points that I will be making won't sit well with others (I'm too picky, I'm too this and that, blah, blah, blah), just remember 2 thing; 1- I am entitled to my own opinion, and 2- this is about observations, I have not done a full on study with charts and graphs, it's simply and series of events over many years that have lead to the following conclusions.

As you all know, I am LDS. I was raised LDS, I believe the teachings of the LDS church, and I do my best to live my life the way I should based on those beliefs. I feel that I am a good, upstanding person, with high morals, and a fairly good head on my shoulders. While I am always striving to improve both my mind and my physical health, I am not perfect, but I think that I am a decent catch by most standards. I am not conceited, I just have learned to accept myself and try to see the good in myself, and I don't think I'm half bad.

That being said, when and if I get married, I fully intend to do so with an LDS man, whom I love, in an LDS temple. My point? Well, I do not date very much. When I do get asked out, it is 90% of the time, by and guy who is not LDS, or extremely inactive LDS (like the, baptized at 8 and never went to church again after that because their family wasn't active, kind of inactive), and the other 10% of the time, it's by LDS guys who are creepy, weird, or, yes, I'm sorry to say it, mentally handicapped (literally).

My conclusions? Well, remember, I'm simply acknowledging the truth that the evidences leads me to believe, but LDS guys, are losers. Wait, wait, wait! Calm yourselves down, I do intend to offer further explanation.

Observation #1: LDS guys have... let me clarify, non-creepy, non-weird, non-mentally handicapped, LDS guys, have developed a sense of superiority in their minds as far as what they believe women want (even though LDS guys are a dime a dozen in Utah), and they think that they are so amazing, that they deserve to have only THE MOST beautiful woman they can find on their arm. It's true, trust me. Unless you look like a supermodel, or pretty dang close, you get passed up by "eligible" LDS men in... at least in Utah.

Observation #2: LDS guys think that, again, they are so wanted and superior, that the women will come after them. Again, trust me on this one, it's true. Now I realize that I am old fashioned, and I believe that guys should do the asking out and the initial perusing in the relationship, but I've found, many women still feel this way, not just me. The guys in my ward have made it clear that they think girls should ask them out. My Bishop once asked the guys in our ward to raise their hands if they felt the girls should be actively involved in asking the guys out, and a large majority raised their hands. I think they just don't want to do the work, and think they are important enough that the women should come after them.

Observation #3: Mormon guys take for granted what they have in Mormon women. Mormon guys get used to dating "good girls" who have high standards and live their lives a certain way, and by the time they become adults, they are bored with "good girls" and they seek out the "bad girls". Many non-Mormon guys chased "bad girls" at a young age, and as they mature, they grow tired of it, and they seek out more wholesome women. I also think for that same reason (taking things for granted), many Mormon guys don't know how to treat women, they are not gentlemanly, they assume whatever they do will be okay, because they are a catch and if the ladies want to keep such a great catch, they will deal with what ever he throws their way, AND they actually seek out a lot more physical intimacy and at a earlier point in the relationship.

NOW, I'm not saying that only Mormon women are wholesome, or even that ALL Mormon women are wholesome, because that is CLEARLY not the case. I know many non-Mormon women with amazing standards and are very good people, and I know mayn Mormon women who are not so wholesome, and live crazy lives. I'm just trying to make a point, and talking about all categories of women complicates my point and takes too long, I'm trying to make this semi-brief. SO, please understand, I'm not trying to say Mormons are the only good people or anything even close to that... really I could have talked about the problems women have with guys in general, but then that changes what I'm trying to say specifically about Mormon guys, and THAT is the only reason for the specific use of Mormons for this entire rant I am going on. I am Mormon, and it relates specifically to me, and that is why I'm writing this, it's about me, not ALL women. OKAY!?

ALSO, I'm mostly talking about single guys here, clearly and naturally, the good ones marry off quick because they aren't idiots, and they treat women right, and they find a marriage worthy girl and hang on to her, like any smart man would. Really, there is a reason these guys are still single.

Observation #4: The older a Mormon guy gets without being married, the weirder he gets. Seriously! That's why I'm thinking that at my age, I've past the prime marrying time, unless I want to marry younger, because 30 seems to be the the onset of some of the worst weird qualities, and it worsens from there.

On my cruise, I went with 10 other ladies, and one night we were sitting around our dining table sort of chatting about dating, and we learn that no one at that table dates much. I looked around me, and it about made my head spin. There I sat, surrounded by 10 other women, who were not only beautiful on the outside, but also on the inside. Each of these women would be an amazing catch, and yet not one of them is even being highly sought after. What is wrong here people!?

So what is a girl to do? Well... I don't know about the rest of you in my shoes... but not only are non-Mormon guys (non-creepy/weird/handicapped, non-Mormon guys... with a few exceptions) the ONLY ones that ask me out, but they seriously treat me so well! But I still won't marry outside my religion or the temple, so basically, I've accepted that I'm not getting married. No seriously, I've resigned myself to that fact. I'm just going to spend the rest of my life date various non-Mormon guys without getting married. I don't need sex, and when they decide they do, they can move on. :) I will just continue to spend my money and time on me, and work to make myself the best woman I can so that when I die, maybe I'll get one of those 2,000 stripling warriors. ;)

Granted, these truths may only be truths in this fair state of ours, BUT since this is my home, then this is what I deal with, because I'm here, not there.

Anyway, so if you have ever wondered why I'm single, there it is, in black and white. If you've ever wondered when I'll get married, the answer is, when i die. :)

Thank you and goodnight! :)

12 comments:

  1. you are so funny audrey! i totally believe you though.
    i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I think you are completely right in all of your observation in guys! Well, I'm thinking that all those great Mormon guys who think they got it and married the hot girl just because they could have a trophy wife, will end up divorcing because they realize that it's not all about looks and perhaps he will eventually find you and you can be happy in with a man who has the same beliefs and just wants to be a great husband and dad one day! (That was the longest sentence I ever wrote!) That's what I hope for you! And I'm truly sorry you get asked out by weird/handicapped/creepy men. But it kind of made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kim, I think you are write too. And also, thanks for finding joy in my pain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kim... I was thinking as I was reading your post that unfortunately divorce is more and more abundant, but that also gives great girls' like you a chance to meet a guy that another girl took for granted...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey, you are a goof. I think you are right though. But your funny. You will get married, the right one just hasn't come yet. But my only advice for you is, that maybe you need to start looking outside your box. Tawni doesn't look out side her box, and she is stuck with a loser. I found Robby, he didn't find me. Sometimes you can't wait for the man to come to you, even though that would be nice, sometimes you need to make a move, or do more then just go to a singles ward. I know you don't want to to do any internet thing. But how else are LDS people suppose to meet people? there is only so many men your ward. There could be a man in a different state or even country and the only way you would meet him is from LDS mingles. Lindsey did good, and Julie. I know your tired of hearing it from me, but I think it's a good thing. NOt a desperat thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaycee- Well, no matter how you word it, or how many points you try to make I will never go online, again! But thank you! :) I try to go to activities involving other groups of people I don't know, but... yeah... I'm fine with talking to a guy and starting a conversation, but if he's not interested enough to ask me out, then we aren't going to go out.
    Lindsey- yes, some divorced guy are good, I agree, but some have a lot of baggage (mostly I mean mentally, but the ex is baggage too if there are kids), so that requires a lot of sifting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. who are we kidding. Women make the moves. It's time to make YOUR moves. In fact, for the rest of your life you will be the one making the moves. Women are instigators. You will probably be the one to make sure that family home evening happens in your home. You'll be the one to make sure that your kids get their eagle scout awards and their Faith in God awards. You'll make sure they make their grades and brush their teeth. You'll make sure they remember their swimsuits on vacation and their lunch money on the way to school. Until just recently, I was angry at always being the one to make things happen. We just had a great lesson on Adam and Even in relief society and one of the sisters said, "Eve was the first to take of the fruit. Who knows how long it would have taken Adam to get the ball rolling." HA!

    I asked Shane out to a girls choice date for our first time out. I also consider myself to be a traditional soul. Don't bow out yet. You'll get there! It all started with Eve. Now it's your turn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But isn't there anything in life that guys should take the responsibility for? Why do Women have to do everything? Maybe I don't want to have to be the one in charge of EVERYTHING. Other that traditionally being the bread winner, this is the one things guys really have to do, ask women out. Why do they have the pass the buck on this one too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i personally would never do the online thing either audrey! i don't blame you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you do look online? Did you have a bad experience? I don't think I've ever asked you and I can't say I blame you....but I found my hubby online. And he's not even psychotic or a murderer!! Neato! Lol. I agree that guys need to take charge. I'm not the aggressive type and i know you aren't either. I get so mad at Brandon if he doesn't just take charge and make decisions on his own. I agree with Kaycee when she said that there are only so many LDS guys here, and it sounds like you've met a majority of them, including the handicaps {snicker} so you may have to look in a different state!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Because, my experience is that the majority of guys online are there because they are socially awkward and weird, pervert jerks, or liars who can tell you they are someone they aren't because you can't see them to know they are lying. I'd rather not waste my time with the online guessing game and run around, I'd rather see them with my own eyes from the start. Granted, they can still lie, but not only are they limited on what they can lie about, but sometimes they give themselves away when they lie, and it's easier to tell in person then through some magical computer screen that masks their true identity... like a super hero, only instead, it's a super weirdo. And any one can rebut if they want, but like I said, no one will EVER convince me otherwise, I won't do it, so it's a waste of time trying. :) Thank you Ashlie for being on my side.

    ReplyDelete