Monday, March 1, 2010

What a sad day!

Well... we went through a scare with Lilly, they told us she more than likely had a incurable disease that would kill her after torturing her, and we would have to put her to sleep. As I prepared myself to put my little puppy to sleep, they ran some tests on her brain fluid, and found that she really didn't have that disease, and that she in fact had a disease called Hydrocephalus, which she was born with. Hydrocephalus causes her to produce excess fluids on her brain, which was putting added pressure on her brain, and all around messing her up, but, it was treatable. So now Lilly is doing better, she will be on steroids the rest of her life, but she will be okay.

Then we got hit again. Saturday night Junior (Lilly's brother, and my sister's dog) starting acting sick, and then Sunday morning he could use the back half of his body, he was dragging himself around.... he was paralized. We frantically called my mom and one of the vets at her work, and got them to meet Blake and Amanda at the clinic with Junior. They tried to help him and make him better, but it just got worse, and he was in SO much pain. Today Blake and Amanda had to make the difficult but humane choice to put him down and relieve his suffereing.

Our loveable little guy is gone. We are all very sad, naturally Amanda is more so, since he was her dog, but we are all feeling the loss. Lilly doesn't know what is going on, but I'm sure she'll start to wonder where he is and why he's not around to play with her and cuddle with her. It's all so sad.

I wish Junior wasn't gone, I hate that it had to happen, but I know he is okay, and he is playing with our other dogs, Sadie and Pern, and free of pain.


I love you guts Jun, and I miss you happy little face.

4 comments:

  1. that is so sad! i can't believe they both started all this almost exactly the same time. sorry for your loss. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor JR, and every one! That picture is so cute and makes me so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so sad Audrey - I'm so sorry - it's losing a family member. I'm thinking about you lots. :( love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh bad news. i'm really sorry you guys lost your little junior.

    ReplyDelete