Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Good People


There are some pretty dishonest people in the world today, and they just keep getting worse. It seems too, with the economic woes on everyones minds, that the number of dishonest people in the world keeps growing as formally honest people give in to their dark side and start commiting small acts of dishonesty to save a buck. Sometimes it seems you don't know who you can trust as you hear the stories, and live some yourself, as sadly our own family members, and those we count as friends, can often be the ones we have to worry about. Then something happen to restore, once again, your faith in people. While small things happen everyday, I was more surprised than usual today, and my thoughts rested on all of this.

I was driving home from work as usual, and I came around the bend in the road that takes me to the last leg of my journey home, when something caught my eye. I looked over to see a sign posted at the bend in the road so as to been seen from either direction, by all who drove past. The letters and numbers were large and there were two flags on top of the sign suggesting that the person posting it had a real desire to address the situation. In large black letters, the sign read; "LAPTOP FOUND- 555-5555". Obviously it contained a real phone number that I can't recall, but you get the point. "Wow!" I thought, "As people are trying to take valuable property from other peoples homes, or businesses, or are try to dishonestly get a better price than they should, someone out there had found a laptop (that the owner was no doubt sick about and chalking it up as gonner) and they were actively taking the steps to restore it to its rightful owner.

That computer in the hands of so many other people would have been kept or sold, but the right person found it.

Thank heaven for those people who are still honest in our world today.

6 comments:

  1. Nice post... what does "large blake letters" mean tehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! I'm funny. My typing is horrid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to make a post on that! That person deserves to be commended. Thanks again for coming over last night, it was so great to see you and laugh togeth and chat, and I Love the gift, thanks! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, there's still hope in this world of dishonest peeps! What a good person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey what have you been up to? I am so glad you commented on my blog. Thanks. It is so good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya e-mail me at beckydoraz@yahoo.com. I still have the same number I have always had.

    ReplyDelete