Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lake Powell- June 2010

Not long after returning home from the cruise, my friend Jenny invited me and some other girls to join her family on a week long Lake Powell vacation. I had never been to Lake Powell, so I was not only excited to go on vacation with my pals again, but to experience Lake Powell.

We spent our days sleeping, eating, swimming, floating on tubes, wave running, boating, wake boarding, tubing, and in general just having a blast.

I had never tried to wake board before, so it was my first experience with it. I watch my friends try, and some succeed, and I watched Jenny's brother and his friends show us a thing or two about how it was done, but I wasn't getting up. Jenny's brother was trying to instruct us, but for some reason I couldn't get up. Later in the week Jenny's dad took us out. After trying once and not getting up, he told me how to change what I was doing just slightly, so I tried it, and I got up, I was so excited, we all were able to successfully wake board that week. My arms were sore, but it was a good sore... probably the only exercise I got all week, but I guess that's what vacations are for. :)

Thanks again Jenny. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment